One of the highest honors a Marygrove College graduate can receive is being selected as a Commencement speaker. Nominations for Commencement Speakers are being solicited from Faculty, Staff and the Students!
Given the CRITERIA that follows, here are the options:
- Any member of the Faculty or Staff could nominate a Graduate as Speaker by completing the 2016 Commencement Speaker Nomination Form (attached)
- A Student could tender a 2016 Commencement Speaker Nomination Form for a Candidate (or self-nominate), BUT that student’s Nomination Form would also require a Faculty/Staff SIGNATURE of ENDORSEMENT, AND the endorsing Faculty/Staff would then complete the attached 2016 Commencement Speaker Nomination Form
- To be considered, ALL 2016 Commencement Speaker Nomination Forms for any/all Candidates from students and/or their endorsing Faculty/Staff are due by 3/11/16 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or MC 275 – 313.927.1443
As you complete the 2016 Commencement Speaker Nomination Form, consider that the Candidate:
- Has a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Has graduated during August or December 2015 or be eligible to graduate in May 2016.
- Represents the graduating student body/serves as a role model.
- Personally embodies the 3C’s – competence, commitment, compassion.
- Demonstrates sensitivity/respect for Marygrove’s diverse community.
- Exhibits the ability to write well – capturing the theme, writing with clarity, passion.
- Is capable of engaging the audience in presentations, performances, creative works, etc.
- Exhibits ability to speak publicly with clarity, confidence.
- Nominated students will be notified by email and will need to confirm their interest and submit their BIO INFORMATION. Then, Candidates will be called to schedule their audition.
- Students not selected to give the “Salute to the Undergraduate or Graduate Students” will be offered alternative opportunities to give the Invocation at Commencement or Welcome! at the Baccalaureate Mass.
TO DOWNLOAD THE NOMINATION FORM, CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW!
2016 Commencement Speakers NOMINATION Form