Nominations are open and may come from the Students, Faculty and Staff – and now you can use the “fill-in” form (see below).
Any member of the Faculty or Staff could nominate a Graduate as Speaker by electronically completing the 2015 Commencement Speaker Nomination Form (see below)
- BE SURE to “SAVE AS” Nomination-your name, then email, so we both have a copy! (OR print – write and hand-deliver)
A Student could tender a 2015 Commencement Speaker Nomination Form for a Candidate (or self-nominate), BUT that student’s Nomination Form would also require a Faculty/Staff SIGNATURE of ENDORSEMENT, AND the endorsing Faculty/Staff would then complete the attached 2015 Commencement Speaker Nomination Form
To be considered, ALL 2015 Commencement Speaker Nomination Forms for any/all Candidates from students and/or their endorsing Faculty/Staff are due by 2/25/15 to this corrected address: firstname.lastname@example.org or SC 232 (Student Center Building) – 313.927.1301
As you complete the 2015 Commencement Speaker Nomination Form, consider that the Candidate:
- Has a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Has graduated during August or December 2014 or be eligible to graduate in May 2015.
- Represents the graduating student body/serves as a role model.
- Personally embodies the 3C’s – competence, commitment, compassion.
- Demonstrates sensitivity/respect for Marygrove’s diverse community.
- Exhibits the ability to write well – capturing the theme, writing with clarity, passion.
- Is capable of engaging the audience in presentations, performances, creative works, etc.
- Exhibits ability to speak publicly with clarity, confidence.
- Nominated students will be notified by email and will need to confirm their interest and submit their BIO INFORMATION. Then, Candidates will be called to schedule their audition.
Students not selected to give the “Salute to the Undergraduate or Graduate Students” will be offered alternative opportunities to give the Invocation at Commencement or Welcome! at the Baccalaureate Mass.
To obtain a copy of the nomination form, contact:
Jan Machusak — email@example.com