Marygrove students are invited to engage in a day of service together with Mission Integration–Campus Ministry–Service Learning. We will participate in Central United Methodists’ Rally and March on Monday, Jan. 19, 2015.
- Our buses will depart from the front of Madame Cadillac at 10 a.m.
- We will first assist the MLK Day Committee to organize tables and winter wear donations, and other preparations.
- At noon, speakers will address Selma, Ferguson, and Detroit struggles.
The rally is followed by a march downtown. This is a good way to experience a nonviolent demonstration for jobs , peace and justice.
- Upon return at the church, we will join others for a meal and program.
- Our participants will gather at 4 p.m. for the return bus to campus.
Seating on the bus is limited. To reserve a seat, please contact Sr. Barbara Beesley at 313-927-1403, or firstname.lastname@example.org . You may join us there and provide your own transportation, if you wish.
This is a wonderful way to celebrate Dr. King’s legacy and to network with other committed urban leaders in the metro Detroit area.