The Detroit Land Bank Authority (DLBA) is hosting an Open House Fair at Marygrove College Saturday, November 1st from 1:00-5:00pm. The event is free and open to the public. Please share this information with friends, family, co-workers, and others to promote the opportunity of homeownership in your neighborhood.
Schedule of workshops:
- 1:30-2:00 The Pre-Sale Report: Harry Hummer, BSEED
- 2:15-2:45 Historic District Requirements: Jennifer Ross, Historic District Commission
- 3:00-3:30 Dealing with Hazardous Materials: CLEARCorps/Detroit, Mary Sue Schottenfels
- 3:45-4:15 Construction Tips: Jacob Corvidea, EcoWorks
- 4:30-5:00 Summary of Purchase Agreement Requirements: Robert Saxon, Jr., Detroit Land Bank Authority
The DLBA is a public entity created specifically to tackle the huge surplus of vacant, abandoned, and foreclosed property in the city and return them to productive use. The DLBA auctions two houses per day all across the City of Detroit. Learn more about the Auction and other DLBA programs at www.buildingdetroit.org.