All Marygrove faculty and staff are invited to nominate a faculty member for one of three Presidential Awards: Teaching, Service, or Scholarship.
The nomination process will consist of two stages.
• First, fill out the checklist on the nomination forms (these have been emailed to faculty and staff. You may also pick up copies of these forms from the President’s Office or the Library).
• Faculty members who have received the award in the last five years (2009-2013) are ineligible.
• Candidates for each award must have served at Marygrove College for at least five years (ten semesters) and not have received the award in the last five years.
• A list of prior recipients has also been emailed to all faculty and staff. Please return your nominations to the President’s Office so that a list of nominees can be compiled. Please return your nomination by Wednesday, April 16, 2014.
• In the second stage you will receive an email from Dr. Don Levin, Dean of Faculty, who is leading the process this year, with the list of nominees for each award. You will be asked to offer a statement of 50 words or less to support your preferred nominee.
A committee consisting of Dr. Don Levin, a student, and faculty members will recommend a recipient for each award to Dr. Fike and the recipient will be honored at the Employee Recognition Day in May.