Please encourage your undecided and “major unsure” students to attend the Major Decisions: Choosing Your Professional Path event which will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 25, from 12 – 6 p.m. in the Madame Cadillac hallway and Denk Chapman Hall. Students can move through 6 stations designed to help them:
- Assess their skills and interests (using an online Self-Directed Search assessment)
- Research majors that match their interests
- Investigate occupations that tie to majors
- Learn how to use WebAdvisor to determine the impact of changing their major on graduation date
- Find out how to log in to Career Link and what they can do to prepare professionally while at Marygrove
- Talk to advisors, and receive referrals to Program Coordinators
In addition, four breakout sessions will be held in Denk Chapman throughout the afternoon:
12:45 -1:15: Taking your Liberal Arts Degree to the Marketplace (Sherrie Konkus)
3:00 – 3:30: Navigating WebAdvisor (Sally Welch)
4:00 – 4:30: Making the Match: The Importance of Early Major (Tuoanyene Sims)
5:00 – 5:30: Get Ready, Entreprenuers! (Jerry van Rossum)
We will extend an invitation via email to all students who have not yet selected a major, as well as those participating in Connecting to the Grove program; your encouragement to these and any other students you think might benefit would be appreciated.
This event is a co-production of Academic Advising, Connecting to the Grove, and Career Services. We look forward to helping our undecided and re-deciding students find a path forward that inspires them!
Photo credit: Life Mental Health