When: Jan. 27-Apr. 26, 2014 Mon.-Thurs. 10 a.m.- 7 p.m.
Who: Cheryl Blumenstein and Martinique Smith-Lewis
Contact: (313) 927-1278 to make an appointment
|Students should make an appointment to receive writing assistance.|
|Students should bring a copy of their syllabus, directions for writing the paper, and, if possible, a draft of the paper. Students can also receive assistance prior to the first draft if appropriate to the assignment.Students may receive assistance in the following areas:• Developing manageable topics for papers.• Developing a focus or thesis for a paper.
• Organizing a paper and making sure it is unified and coherent.
• Adequately developing a paper.
• Controlling style in terms of the audience and purpose of the paper.
• Gaining control over mechanical errors.
• Conducting the research process.
• Properly documenting and formatting a paper in a specific discipline.
• Completing specific types of written assignments given in individual courses.