Both the Liberal Arts and Madame Cadillac Buildings will be closed from Monday, Dec. 23 at 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014 with the following exception:
The Liberal Arts and Madame Cadillac Buildings will be open for faculty and staff who wish to work on Friday, December 27-Monday, December 30 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The front door of the Liberal Arts Building and the front door of the Madame Cadillac Building will be the only doors open.
Please notify the campus safety office at 313-927-1666 when you plan to arrive and leave.
Before leaving your office on December 20, it is very important that you:
1. Make sure any valuables are locked up, preferably out of sight. Please call Campus Safety if you have any questions or concerns.
2. Shut and lock every window. Check “unattended” windows near your office.
3. Leave one radiator on in each room (just turning it on a little bit will be enough to prevent freezing) if you are in a corner office or room, you may need to turn it on a little more—some small rooms may not need it at all. If you have any questions, please call Horace Dandridge at ext. 1555.
4. Place a temporary message on your personal voice mail and an out-of-office message on your e-mail indicating to the contact that the College is closed for the Christmas break.
5. Unplug all appliances – coffee pots, etc.
6. Remember to log off and leave your computer on. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR COMPUTER.
7. If you have a maintenance problem, please contact Horace Dandridge at ext. 1555 immediately. Do not wait until December 23.
Before you leave for the holiday, please forward your messages to your voice mail. You can check your messages from home by dialing 313-927-1222. Follow the prompts to dial your extension and then your password. Don’t forget to erase messages you no longer need. Voice mail is automatically erased after 7 days so check your voice mail often. You can add a temporary message to your voice mail by entering the voice mail system then type 82, then press 3 for a temporary greeting. This will override your other messages, until the time you program it to end.
Happy Holidays to all!