From: Bill Johnson, VP, Finance and Administration
Subject: New Email System this Weekend
To the Marygrove Community,
I am pleased to announce that we will be implementing our new email system this weekend. After months of development and testing by the IT team and extensive review by faculty, staff and student pilot groups, we will be migrating from our current email system (Zimbra Merit mail) to the new Exchange Outlook system for Faculty and Staff and Office 365 for Students. The timeline for this coming weekend’s email migration is as follows:
- Continue to work in our current Zimbra email system until this Saturday, October 27th until 10pm.
- At 10pm this Saturday evening, all Marygrove email users will receive an email from IT announcing that our current email system is no longer active for new email activity. This email will also provide instructions as to how to establish your new email sign on credentials; (note: faculty and staff that have already set up their new Outlook account will not be required to perform this step).
- From 10pm Saturday evening until Noon on Sunday, October 28th, the email system will be out of service to complete the final migration of all email activity.
- At Noon on Sunday, your new email account will be activated and all email from your old Zimbra email account will have been migrated to your new account.
- All users will receive an email from IT in your new email account, which will provide instructions to get started and setting up your contacts, calendar and mobile device connections.
- It is important to note that effective Noon on Sunday, October 28th, all College email activity will occur only through your new email account. If needed, you will still have access to your old Zimbra account for historical email activity which occurred prior to 10pm on Saturday.
During this transition period, the IT Team will be adding staff to both our Help Desk and On Campus teams to support our college community. In addition to 24/7 Service Desk availability (which can be reached at 313-927-1282) and our On Campus IT Team, from Monday, October 29th through Friday, November 2nd, we will have additional IT staff stationed in the Library, Enrollment Center and Madame Cadillac lobby to answer questions related to the new email system.
In summary, all existing Marygrove email accounts will be migrated to the new email system this weekend and all email activity through Saturday evening, October 27th, will be transferred to your new account and available for access by Noon on Sunday, October 28th. While the transition to your new email account may cause some inconvenience, we are confident that you will find the new system to offer outstanding features, ease of use and state of the art technology.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Service Desk or on-site IT Team with any questions and thank you for your patience and cooperation during this weekend transition.